Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Running on empty

I recently shared my frustrations regarding the (mainstream) Press and the Bush administration with Helen Thomas, the incomparable UPI Journalist and White House Correspondent. Thought I'd share her response.

"Everything you say is true and more so; but I honestly believe the people will wake up and the shamed press will begin to do its job again; we have been taken by the pigmies; the right wing talking heads and a president who could care less about the u.s. constitution, but I believe there is always hope and we should all be in the streets again; bush has had an easy ride. To this moment he will not say why he went to war, killed so many people, because whatever the reason it is unacceptable-don't despair but I agree we're running on empty now" - helent

Truly, she is wise beyond her years.

No comments: