Tuesday, May 29, 2012


The California Public School System is now ranked as one of the worst in the nation. A sad, sad thing considering it was one of the best just 30 years ago. Yet Gov. Brown continues gutting the funding for education (and Social Services). He said it was the only way to get the state out of debt. I might have more confidence in Mr. Brown if he (and the Legislature) actually knew what the debt was. They don't. The number changes every time the subject is raised. And, the figures given are only estimates. As a graduate of Berkeley and Yale, I would hope Mr. Brown understands the value of education - I would hope. As a recent California Graduate told me just today, "I'm no Economist, but I can count to potato". Huh?   Oh the future looks bleak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mіnd if I quote a couple οf your poѕtѕ
as long as I proviԁe credіt and sources baсk tο your site?

My blog site is in the vеry same niche as yourѕ and my visitors ωould
really benefit from some of the іnformatіon you provide heге.
Ρleaѕe let me κnoω іf this οκ ωіth
you. Тhanκ you!

My weblog short hairstyles