Monday, January 28, 2008

State of the Bushshit


I really didn’t want to, but I couldn’t help it – so, I watched the self-centered, self-absorbed, self-appointed King George address the chamber of our elected Representatives, Judiciary, and guests. I started my computer, opened my word processor program, and prepared to take notes.

It didn’t take very long before I was shaking my head and wondering if the rich, young Ruler – No. 43 as he likes to be called – was actually living on the same planet, or in the same dimension. When the words “American self-government” and “…right of individuals to determine their destiny…” came out of his mouth my mind almost went numb. For a moment I seriously thought my ears had lied to me. I was stunned. This, coming from the (self-appointed) Emperor, was hard to swallow. I turned up the volume.

He threatened a veto, said he had a plan which would not only balance the budget but provide a surplus by 2012 ( yeah, right), and asked Congress to approve his Trade Agreement with Columbia – where we would show the Columbians that “Democracy leads to a better life”; a message that might prove a hard sell to over three million displaced Iraqi’s. He went on to talk of Science and Research, extolling that “All life is treated with the dignity it deserves”. Another message which might prove hard to sell to the average Iraqi – who he claimed were seeing improvements in their daily lives. There was mention of schools and hospitals being built but nothing of the lack of electricity and water and heating oil the average Iraqi must contend with.

There was the plea to Support the Troops – which generally means “give me more money to continue the occupation”. He assured the Military they would have “all that they needed”, but made no mention of the cuts to the VA budget or co-pay for care to the wounded Veterans.

He asked for the renewal of the Protect America Act, stressing the need for immunity [retroactive] for the Utilities which initially, and illegally, complied in wiretaps and eavesdropping. (See: http://Whitehouse.senate.gov/video/120707.ram)

He spoke of conscience and the genocide in Sudan – where American investments are doing well – but said nothing of the genocide of the Iraqi people, nor their illegal detention and torture (which includes woman and children).

He threatened Iran. He even repeated his lies regarding the 'supposed WMD's' he claims they are pursuing. Something our own CIA has disavowed.

He said good things about the Constitution - which he had twice before called "just a goddamned piece of paper", and has repeatedly ignored. He said we were a nation of laws - most of which he has ignored or curcumvented. He praised the Judiciary but failed to mention he has still not complied with two Supreme Court rulings requiring the government to turn over documentation to the ACLU.

He told us that the strength of America is found in its people – of which 67% think he’s a jerk – then asked God to bless America and signed autographs.

Oh, I almost forgot… he also said that the State of the Bushshit was strong. Finally, something I could agree with.

See related comments: http://geekmetv.blogspot.com/2008/02/america-security-threatened-by-bush.html

The Bush legacy? Click below: http://geekmetv2.blogspot.com/2008/01/bush-legacy.html

1 comment:

M.O.E.C.A.S.H.™ said...

you got that right, State of the BUSHSHIT!!!

I couldn't believe my ears and eyes, this man thinks himself of a Hero, he was smiling and grinning and it was DISGUSTING! I saw the devil in his eyes.

The sight of people clamoring just to shake this liar's hand then congratulate him on his so-called 'speech' and get his vile autograph was sickening. People are suffering in Iraq and he's Smiling?! Children are being tortured and abused, and this Joker is SMILING?!?! Him and his loony toony team of crazies have plunged the world into darkness, and he gets a Standing Ovation?!?!

What pissed me off was seeing Obama shake his hand... to me, that was insulting to the American people AND to the world. How can a Potential President allow himself that disgrace!? May God Bless THE WHOLE WORLD!!!